Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Aack! It's December Already!

Hello, my name is Amy Higgins. Or sometimes I go by Amelia. That's a long story we don't have time for right now. Because AAACK! it's December! I share my life with my husband, Kollin, our daughter, Fiona, 3 cats, 5 fish, and 12 chickens. I've just recently gone back to the land of the employed (yesterday, in fact) this time as a para-educator in a special ed. class. I enjoy reading and baking, spending time with my family, and making or listening to music.

I'm trying out this whole Holidailies thing because my sister, Jennifer, asked me to, and because I thought writing things down would help me pay attention to life instead of watching it zoom by, always looking toward the next task to complete. That was before the above mentioned new job, which really has me frazzled.

Tonight is the Girl Scout toy drive and we have to pick up the wreaths for my Fiona's choir fundraiser. My husband's birthday is tomorrow and I have no idea what to make him for dinner, especially since there's a meeting at our daughter's high school tomorrow night so I don't have a lot of time to cook. There's something going on Thursday night, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. I need to make 8 dozen cookies for the choir concert of Saturday and I don't have a lot of time to bake them, which has me stressed out. My cats are looking at me with sad eyes because I'm not around to pet them or be a lap.

I'm sure all of these things will resolve themselves and really, when it come to it, not that big a deal. But I'm feeling overwhelmed and now I'm supposed to try to write everyday and I already forgot about it yesterday. I don't know how this is going to work.

I hear the husband outside, perhaps I should start on dinner. I promise not to whine as much tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment